360Penguin Firmware Updates
Instructions for updating your 360Penguin Firmware
- MAKE SURE YOUR CAMERA IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE PROCEEDING.
- Download the latest firmware file shown below.
- Unzip the contents of the ZIP file into the root of the Micro SD card
- File: card_fw_update.mrk
- OR File: card_fw_update_once.mrk Update once and Delete Firmware
- File: SPHOST.BRN
- Turn Off your 360 Penguin Camera
- Load SD card into the Camera
- Turn On the camera and the update will begin
- When Updating the WIFI light will blink blue, video light solid green, power light solid green
- When the update is finished your camera will turn off
- Load the SD card back into your computer and remove the firmware files from your SD card
- NOTE: If this is your first update use card_fw_update.mrk file. And if DO NOT remove the firmware files from you SD card it will perform another firmware update.
WARNING: When your camera is updating DO NOT TURN YOUR CAMERA OFF during this process. It might loose its ability to function again.
Latest Firmware Update Files
(Right Click over file and click Save As..) Store the file on your Micro SD card for the camera. Unzip the contents to the root folder of your SD card.
- Update: 360penguin_firmware_update_20190105 – Updated on 01/05/2019
- Black and White photos – In a previous firmware update, we gave you the ability to shoot your images in black and white. Now that inner Diane Arbus can come out as you capture all of the action all around you in an artistic mode.
- Improved ISO and EV settings – We have fine-tuned the EV and ISO settings for you as well. Want to have control over the speed of the sensor and the lens? It’s in your hands now with this joint firmware and app update.
- Low Light content Production – We have cleaned up the fireflies that like to invade lowlight content so often to give you an even better view for those evening shots under the streetlights or twilight shots where the sun has just dipped under the horizon.
- Anti-shake – we are working on perfecting anti-shake technology for images and video stabilization. We have a bit of that mixed into the new update but, it is still a work in progress.
- Better Stitch line blend – Since our camera blends together the two images onboard, our goal is to make the place they come together, the stitch, as unnoticeable as possible. This new firmware blends that line even better than previous versions.
Other Tools to Control your Camera
If you put this file into the root of your 360Penguin Micro SD card it will allow your computer to read data on the 360Penguin micro SD card.
If you use power.mrk file in the root of your SD card folder, it will let your computer charge your camera only not read the SD card in the camera.
Firmware Update History Over Time
Below is a list of older firmware updates. Please make sure that you are always using the newest firmware.